The Martinez Brothers
- Remixed Part. 2 (Guti & Enzo Siragusa, Johnny Aux, Kenny Glasgow & Matt Tolfrey)
Cuttin' Headz | 12.01.2018
January sees the second installment of ‘The Martinez Brothers Remixed’ on Cuttin’ Headz, with four fresh interpretations from Guti & Enzo Siragusa, Kenny Glasgow, Johnny Aux and Matt Tolfrey.
Since it’s inception in 2014, The Martinez Brothers’ Cuttin’ Headz imprint has quickly become a favourite for many, releasing material from the likes of Martin Buttrich and Luke Solomon through to rising names including Jesse Calosso and Morgan. Following the release of part one in December 2017, the label returns this January with four new remixes to kick off 2018 with the second installment in their ‘The Martinez Brothers Remixed’ series.
First up, Guti teams up with FUSE’s Enzo Siragusa to turn in a trademark, swing fuelled remix of ‘H 2 DA IZZO as crisp drum licks go to work amongst the duos dynamic, rolling bassline, before London based talent Johnny Aux one half of Paranoid London strips back ‘Stuff In The Trunk’, accentuating Miss Kittin’s infectious vocals whilst laying down crunchy drums and ever-evolving glitches and pops throughout.
On the flip, Matt Tolfrey’s Ghetto Mix version of ‘No Pop’ sees the Leftroom boss build on The Martinez Brothers, Jerome Sydenham and Mathew Jonson’s original cut before shifting the focus towards shuffling percussion and bumping sub-tones, before Kenny Glasgow’s classy interpretation of ‘Stuff In the Trunk’ punctuates the EP, with the Canadian combining echoing voxs, hypnotic, acid tinged synths and murky low-ends fluently across 7 minutes.
- The Martinez Brothers - H2DAIZZO (Guti and Enzo Siragusa Remix)
- The Martinez Brothers feat Miss Kittin - Stuff In The Trunk (Johnny AUX Remix)
- The Martinez Brothers, Jerome Sydenham & Mathew Jonson feat Filsonik - No Pop (Matt Tolfrey Ghetto Mix)
- The Martinez Brothers feat Miss Kittin - Stuff In The Trunk (Kenny Glasgow Remix)